A hearty (and delicious) vegetarian chili made with sweet potatoes and black beans!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 32 oz vegetable stock
- 16 oz jar your favorite salsa
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4-1/3 cup uncooked quinoa
- In a large pot, melt coconut oil over medium heat. Add onions and celery along with a pinch of kosher salt. Saute onions and celery for about 5 minutes until translucent and soft.
- Add the peeled sweet potatoes along with all the dried spices and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add salsa and vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add drained black beans and quinoa. Cook for 20 minutes or until quinoa is fully cooked and sweet potatoes are soft. If necessary, season chili with additional salt and pepper.
- If desired, serve with sour cream, shredded cheese, avocado, fresh cilantro and lime wedges.
This is awesome served with Fritos or tortilla chips and I think it’s best when made a day ahead!