- 1 small sugar pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- healthy pinch kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- Heat oven to 400F degrees.
- Cut pumpkin in half using a sharp chef’s knife. Use a metal spoon to scoop out the seeds and insides of the pumpkin; discard or save seeds for roasting. Cut the pumpkin into slices about 3/4-inch thick.
- Place pumpkin slices in a large bowl and toss with olive oil and spice so each piece is covered evenly. Place pumpkin flesh side down on baking sheet. Roast for 20-25 minutes, depending on thickness of pumpkin slices until pumpkin is tender.
- Remove pumpkin from oven, transfer to plate and drizzle with a few tablespoons of honey and garnish with chopped chives if desired.