- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb chicken cutlets
- garlic powder
- ground cumin
- ground coriander
- 1/3 cup raspberry-jalapeno jam
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 6 corn tortillas
- 3 oz pepper jack cheese, grated
- avocado and cilantro for garnish (optional)
- In a large saute pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook gently over medium-low heat until a nice color starts to develop and onions are soft about 10 minutes. Remove onions from pan and set aside.
- Meanwhile, season each chicken cutlet with a healthy sprinkle of kosher salt, garlic powder, ground cumin and coriander. Add the chicken back into the pan you cooked the onions in and turn up the heat to medium-high. Sear each side of chicken to get a nice crisp and color to it and then turn the heat down to medium and cook about 3-4 minutes each side. Remove chicken from pan and transfer to a cutting board to cool.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high. To the pan, add the raspberry-jalapeno jam, lime juice and rice wine vinegar. Stir to combine, scraping up and browned bits at the bottom of the pan. Let the jam cook down to a nice syrup, about 2-3 minutes. Cut the chicken into thin strips and add it along with the onions back into the pan with raspberry sauce. Heat chicken and onions through, stirring to coat everything.
- Heat 6 corn tortillas in a large saute pan or on the grill to warm through. Sprinkle a pinch or two of pepper jack cheese on each one. Divide the chicken mixture among the tortillas. Add sliced avocado and cilantro to garnish. Eat and enjoy!