- 2 cans mixed salad beans (or 1 can kidney beans and 1 can black or garbanzo beans)
- 2 cans green beans (or 1 can green beans and 1 can waxed beans)
- 1 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Drain beans and rinse them under cold water.
- Add beans to large bowl. Add red onion and bell pepper.
- In a mason jar with a tight fitting lid, combine sugar, white vinegar, oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Shake jar to combine ingredients; pour dressing over beans. Add another pinch of salt and pepper (to taste) to beans.
- Place bean salad in fridge and let it marinate over night before serving.