- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vanilla infused olive oil
- grated zest of 1 small orange (optional)
- butter for loaf pan
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in the sugar, the eggs, milk, and olive oil, and beat well.
- lemon zest to the flour and egg mixture and stir to distribute evenly.
- Fold in the orange zest if using.
- Butter and flour a loaf pan. Transfer the batter into the pan and smooth the surface. Bake for 50-55 mintues, or until a thin skewer inserted in the center comes out dry.
- Remove bread from oven and let cool for a few minutes. Unmold and cool on a rack completely.