Protein packed egg muffin recipe with spinach, red peppers, and cheddar cheese.
- 12 large eggs
- 1 tsp hot sauce, my favorite is the green Tobasco
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup packed, chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- In a medium saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook 1-2 minutes. Add peppers, and spinach and cook 1-2 minutes more. Season with a tiny pinch of salt. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, hot sauce, salt, pepper, and ground mustard. Use a whisk to beat the eggs until fully combined. Fold in the cheddar cheese.
- Spray a standard 12-cup muffin tin liberally with cooking spray. Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 5 minutes before carefully removing to cool completely. I like to use a plastic knife to run around the edges of the muffin tin to help prevent sticking.
Swap equal amounts for your favorite veggies and cheese!