A warm spinach salad with bacon-mushroom vinaigrette.
- 2 eggs
- 4–6 slices thick cut bacon (depending on how much you want. Duh, go with 6)
- 8 cups fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup dripping from bacon (aka bacon fat!!)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- To soft boil eggs, bring a small pot of water to a boil. Drop eggs in carefully and boil for 8 minutes. Remove from water and run under cold water to stop cooking. Set aside while you prepare salad.
- Divide spinach into two bowls and set aside.
- Cook bacon over medium heat in a large sauté pan until desired crispiness. Don’t drain the fat but remove bacon to drain on a paper towel.
- Add garlic, mushrooms and onions to pan with bacon grease and turn heat to just under medium-high. Cook 3-5 minutes until onions soften and mushrooms start to brown. Add apple cider vinegar, honey, mustard and pepper. Stir and cook 1 minute more.
- Divide bacon between the two bowls of spinach, add a soft boiled egg (halved) to each bowl and divide onion/mushroom mixture between the two bowls. Serve and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 2 main salads