A quick weeknight Chicken Noodle Soup recipe loaded with flavor!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 large carrots, cut into half moons
- 3–4 stalks celery, cut into large dice
- 1 large white or yellow onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 64 oz chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 oz your favorite noodle (I always go for the curly ones!)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Place chicken breasts in a shallow baking dish. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and garlic powder, onion powder, ground cumin, sweet paprika, oregano, salt and pepper. Roast in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from oven and shred with two forks.
- While the chicken is cooking, heat remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large stock pot. Add carrots, celery and onion and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes until veggies are soft and onion is translucent. Add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes more.
- Add chicken stock and bay leaf and bring to a boil. Add noodles and cook 8 minutes. Add reserved, shredded chicken and cook 5 minutes more until noodles are fully cooked and chicken is heated through. Add lemon juice, fresh dill and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm with lots of crusty bread or saltine crackers to soak up the liquid!
If you live at high altitude, you might need to add a cup or cup and a half of water in addition to the stock.