A whole wheat and almond meal chocolate chunk cookie!
- 1 cup butter, slightly softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cups almond flour (ground almond meal)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 7 oz chocolate bars, coarsely chopped (I like a combo of dark and milk)
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, almond flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or with a hand mixer, beat the butter and sugars on medium speed until light and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla and mix well. Add the flour mixture and mix just until incorporated. Stir in the chopped chocolate.
- Drop cookies by the rounded tablespoon onto a sheet pan lined with either parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove cookies from oven and immediately sprinkle each cookie with a pinch of coarse sea salt. Let cookies cool for a few minutes on the pan and then move them to a wire rack to cool completely. Cookies freeze beautifully or can be store in an air tight container on the counter or in the fridge for up to a week.
Recipe adapted from THIS COOKIE RECIPE from Completely Delicious.