For the chopped salad:
- 3/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup diced tomato
- 3/4 cup diced cucumber
- scant 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons za’atar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
For the chicken tacos:
- 1 lb organic chicken cutlets
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon za’atar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- flour tortillas
- cucumber dill dip or greek yogurt for serving
- To make the salad that goes on the tacos, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. I like the salad to sit for an hour or so before serving so I like to make this a few hours before serving. It’s fine if you make it just before though!
- To cook the chicken, season the cutlets with garlic powder, salt and za’atar.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken cutlets 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Remove from plan and slice on the diagonal.
- Serve tacos in flour tortillas with chicken, a scoop of the chopped salad and topped with greek yogurt. Squeeze a little lemon on tacos if desired.