This recipe has been adjusted for high altitude. If you are making recipe at sea level, increase the baking powder to 1 teaspoon and increase the sugar by 1 tablespoon.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 cup grapeseed or other flavorless oil
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup cinnamon chips
- 14 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line 6 cups of a standard muffin tin or 20 mini-muffin cups with papers, or grease each cup.
- Whisk together sugar, oil, salt, vanilla and egg; add the zucchini, carrots, cinnamon chips and nuts. Whisk together the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl, then add to the batter. Stir just until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups. Bake the muffins until the edges are lightly browned and they feel firm if gently pressed, about 18-20 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; transfer to a rack and cool completely.