Grilled Caprese Quesadilla
Grilled Caprese Quesadillas are a fun summer twist on Taco Tuesday. Yank out the grill and try this beloved combo from the grill and how can you go wrong when it’s in quesadilla form?
Summer is here and along with it comes grilling, dining al fresco and my favorite combo of all time tomatoes and fresh mozzarella. Can caprese anything be bad? We know it’s awesome as a salad, great as a bruschetta topping, it makes a killer burger and after grilling the combo into a Sun Dried Tomato Wrap from Toufayan, I can attest it makes a mean quesadilla too.
I kid you not when I tell you I could eat some version of caprese all summer long. Especially when you can pull fresh basil in your backyard and you can source the best, local tomatoes at your neighborhood farmers market.
As the temperature creeps up I start thinking of how I can avoid turning my oven on. Grilling is the obvious answer and the least amount of prep I have to do the better. This is another one of those recipes that is actually more a guideline than anything. You could add pesto, drizzle with a balsamic reduction or use whatever cheese you want although fresh mozzarella is so where it’s at.
I love the wraps not only because their delish but they make my life easy. Like I said above, we do a ton of grilling this time of year and I love putting out a “self serve” type of meal where I’ll include fresh veggies, spreads, grilled meats and a plate of wraps. Build your own wraps are one of our favorite summer entertaining meals and there is always something for everyone!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful week and enjoy the rest of your Taco Tuesday!Print
- 4–5 Sun Dried Tomato Wraps from Toufayan Bakeries
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved or quarted
- fresh basil
- Kosher or sea salt
- pesto for serving, optional
- Evenly divide the mozzarella cheese, cherry tomatoes and fresh basil on half of each tortilla. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt.
- Fold the tortillas in half and grill on medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side until the tortilla is toasted and the cheese is melted.
- Slice into thirds and serve with pesto if desired.
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Toufayan Bakeries. I’m beyond thrilled to represent them and bring you and your family recipes using their great product. As always, all thoughts and opinions are mine.