Antipasto Zucchini Noodle Pasta Salad
Zucchini noodles, a simple vinaigrette, and all your favorite antipasto flavors make this Antipasto Zucchini Noodle Pasta Salad perfect for summer!
School is out and we’re welcoming summer with open arms! The kids and I made a half-assed summer bucket list last week and it’s full (but not too full) of things to keep us busy and celebrate what makes summer so great.
We’re planning to see our local MLS soccer team, go to the drive in, take a few camping trips, have a lemonade stand or two, pick fruit at a local farm, paint inspirational rocks to leave around town, and we’re all committing to reading at least two books. The two new-to-us recipes my kids picked to make are pineapple upside-down cake and meringue cookies.
In addition to our bucket list I’m sure we’ll spend lots of days at the pool, evenings on the boat, and- my favorite- pot lucks and bbq’ing with friends and family. Dining outside and entertaining friends and family is probably my favorite part of the warmer months.
This salad is loosely based off a recipe from the Inspiralized cookbook, Inspiralize Everything. It’s one of those salads that tastes better when it can sit for a bit. It should be made a good 5 or 6 hours before it’s meant to be served or even the day before. The flavors mingle beautifully and the vinaigrette softens the zucchini noodles just a bit. This will definitely be a go to for our summer adventuring!
photos by Kelli Hatcher/ recipe by Mountain Mama CooksPrint
Spiralized zucchini makes this a naturally gluten free “pasta salad” and it’s loaded with all your Italian favorites1
- 4 zucchini, washed and spiralized
- 1 cup diced artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup diced mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup diced salami
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup cup halved, pitted olives
- 1 heaping tablespoon capers
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl combine zucchini noodles, artichoke hearts, diced mozzarella, diced salami, halved cherry tomatoes, olives, and capers.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, and Greek seasoning. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the zucchini salad. Toss to combine.
- Season salad with salt and pepper to taste. Cover salad and let refrigerate 4-6 hours and up to over night before serving.