Cheesy Baked Tortellini with Pepperoni
Dinner doesn’t get any easier than this Cheesy Baked Tortellini with Pepperoni. It’s classic comfort food and adored by kiddos and adults alike!
If you’ve been reading the blog for any length of time then you know that I’m a big (HUGE) fan of meals that an be made ahead. It makes the dinner time hustle SO much more bearable. As a busy mama, I love recipes that allow me to prep ahead while the kiddos are in school so come dinner time, I’m not trying to juggle homework and feeding the dogs and trying to make dinner and guzzling that glass of wine I so desperately deserve.
Just keeping it real, friends.
If you’ve been reading the blog for any length of time then you also know that I strive to keep things pretty balanced in the kitchen. No food is off limits and as long as we’re eating lots of the good stuff, I have zero qualms about indulging a little here and there. Plus cheese and butter are pretty much the reason I work out as much as I do! This Baked Tortellini with Pepperoni is one of those dinner splurges. There isn’t a veggie in sight- unless you count the parsley that I garnished the casserole with- this recipe is all about comfort and ease. Just serve it with a big ‘ol side salad to make yourself feel better! Or don’t. Serve it with the easiest garlic bread ever and you’ll get zero judgement on my end!
Anytime I make a new-to-me recipe, I take care to “mountain mama” it up. And by that I mean, I like to use better-for-you ingredients and lighten up on the heavy stuff. I used my homemade marinara that I almost always have on hand in the freezer (you can’t beat the homemade special sauce as my son likes to call it!), I used a light hand when it came to the cheese- organic mozzarella and a bit of Parmesan- and used my favorite (and leaner) turkey pepperoni from Applegate. While this dinner is definitely a little more indulgent than the typical dinner at Casa de Mountain Mama, it’s awesome sauce and was chowed by the kiddos, the hubby and myself. A win in itself, trust me.
Plus, because it can be made ahead, come dinner time all you have to do is pop it in the oven, sit back and guzzle (or sip) that aforementioned glass of wine.
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! xo, KelleyPrint
Cheesy Baked Tortellini with Pepperoni
- Yield: 4 hefty servings 1x
- 1 9 oz package of your tortellini (I used a cheese one from Trader Joes)
- 2 cups of your favorite marinara
- 1/2–1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (use as little or as much as you’d like)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the tortellini according to package directions, minus 2 minutes. It will continue to cook in the oven.
- Butter a small casserole dish and put the partially cooked tortellini on the bottom of dish. Top with marinara and sprinkle evenly with both cheeses. Top with desired amount of pepperoni.
- At this point, you can cover and refrigerate up to a day.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375F degrees. Bake for 15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. If you’re baking it straight from the fridge, allow an extra 5 or so minutes of baking time.
- Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Wow, another terrific recipe!!!! It just doesn’t get easier or quicker than this and it comes with great flavor. As soon as I saw this recipe, I said “what a great idea, tortellini pizza”! My wife isn’t wild about pepperoni so I made it with sausage on top. Just like ordering a pizza, pick your toppings. I had the sausage in the freezer and a jar of sauce with olives and capers in the pantry. Thank you for sharing your great recipes with the rest of us!!!
I bet the sausage was a great substitution to make it your own!!
Haven’t made it yet. Have grandson with diabetes and was wondering about how many carbs are in it.
I’m sorry but I’m not sure. I don’t have any nutrition facts on my recipes.