Hot Artichoke-Parmesan Dip
Every home cook has a hot artichoke dip in their arsenal, don’t they? If they don’t, they should. Hot, creamy, oozing cheese scooped on a pita chip or crisp celery stick? Yes, please. It just isn’t a party if you don’t have artichoke dip. Or at least that’s how it was in my house growing up. This is classic 80’s party appetizer. My mom served it at every bridge function and PTA get together she ever hosted.
Quick to put together, this dip is made mostly with pantry ingredients. I almost always have a jar of artichokes in my cupboard. We mix them into pasta, put them on sandwiches and they are great in this dip. Mind you, this dip isn’t for those watching what they eat. It’s loaded with caloric goodness! I don’t mind indulging now and again-it might not do a body good but it does my taste buds good!!!
Traditionally served with pita chips, I really like to eat this dip with celery sticks. So feel free to serve with whatever gets your fancy! If you couldn’t tell by now, I like recipes that can be made ahead.
This is another great one! The life of a personal chef I suppose!
Enjoy and happy cooking!Print
My take on the classic 80’s appetizer. Everyone should have a spinach-artichoke dip recipe in their arsenal!
- 1– 14 oz cans artichoke hearts, drained
- 3/4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pita chips or cut-up vegetables for serving
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Place all ingredients except pita chips and vegetables into a food processor; Pulse until smooth. Place dip in an oven proof container and bake, uncovered, for about 20 minutes until dip is bubbly and starting to brown on top.
- Serve with pita chips and or fresh cut vegetables.