Flourless Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Flourless Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are dangerously good. I always have the ingredients on have to make them and they’re just as delicious warm out of the oven as they are after they’ve sat on the counter for a day or two. A total slam dunk!
I’m far from being gluten free. Or anything “free” for that matter. I’m lucky that I don’t have any food intolerances and even luckier, I guess, that eating pretty well most of the time comes naturally for me. I don’t avoid any food groups and just make sure to eat a lot of the good stuff and keep the not so good stuff in check.
With that being said, I have plenty of clients, friends and family that either avoid full groups all together or at least try to avoid certain foods for various health reasons. I pride myself on being able to cook a delicious meal no matter what the dietary restrictions might be.
A month or so ago we did a potluck with our friends up at our ski condo. I offered to make some cookies because I really didn’t want to make a trip to the grocery store and literally had nothing in the fridge to offer. I always have ingredients to make cookies. Priorities, am I right?
One of the families is gluten AND dairy free. The snickerdoodles I had in the oven definitely didn’t fit the bill. My go to gluten free cookie is normally these Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies but I only had almond butter. And I was craving something with chocolate. You see where this is going, right? Flourless Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies for the win!
Everyone loved these- the gluten and non-gluten eaters alike! I’m biased because I love anything almond butter and like I said above, I was craving something with chocolate. The cookies are perfectly dense, not overly sweet, and studded with mini chocolate chips- my favorite for chocolate chip cookies. These are sooooo good still warm and gooey and even better once they cool and firm up a bit.
I’ve made these cookies a few times now and I absolutely love them. I hope you do too! Have a great week and thanks for reading! xo, KelleyPrint
A flourless chocolate chip cookie made with almond butter and chocolate chips!
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- scant 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line a large baking sheet(s) with parchment paper or nonstick baking mat.
- In a medium bowl combine almond butter, brown sugar, egg, salt, baking soda, and vanilla. Mix until thoroughly combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Form dough into 1.5-inch size balls. I like to chill the cookie dough balls for an hour so before baking but know it’s not necessary. I’ve made them plenty baking straight away. I just think the cookies hold their shape better if they’ve been chilled before baking. If the cookie dough balls are too oily from the almond butter, use a paper towel to absorb excess oil before baking.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart on the lined baking sheet. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. Remove the cookies when they still look a little soft- they’ll firm up as they cool.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 7 days.
photos by Kellie Hatcher/ recipe by Mountain Mama Cooks