Perfect Fudgy Brownie Recipe
Everyone needs a go to brownie recipe in their arsenal and this is mine. I give you my tried-and-true, go-to Perfect Fudgy Brownie Recipe!
There are two camps when it comes to brownies. Cake like brownies (with or without frosting) and it’s dense, rich and fudgy counterpart. Truth be told I’d probably eat just about any brownie you put in front of me because, well…brownies, duh! But if you forced me to choose, I’d go dark and fudgy every time. I think brownies should be dense- but not too dense and deep with dark, rich chocolate flavor that makes your mouth tingle. (That sounds gross, doesn’t it?)
I go way back with brownies as it’s one of the first recipes I remember making as a child and still love to make today. I have fond memories of my mom making brownies from a box when I was growing up and she’d always pick the same one that had the chocolate chips already in the mix and would come with a foil pouch of frosting you’d spread on top when they we’re cooled- triple chocolate lovers delight! At one point you could buy a 4-pack at Costco (trust me, I know all too well!) and all through college and into my first years of catering, these brownies were the ones I’d always make. The brand slips my mind right now but they came in a red box and they were the best from a package brownie I’ve ever had!
BUT when I had kids and made it a priority to cut out packaged foods and make things from scratch, I went on the hunt for the perfect brownie recipe. Many years later and umpteen recipes tried and manipulated, this recipe I give you today is the sum of all my homework. It was a tough job but someone has to be willing to eat all that butter and sugar! This has without a doubt become my go to brownie recipe and it never ever fails me.
In my world, these are the perfect brownies thanks to their super rich and almost dense like bite. Because I believe in all the chocolate, I sprinkle the top with a chopped up bar of quality dark chocolate. I often sprinkle a touch of seat salt on top too but honestly, these don’t need much. This is a great base recipe if I want to add peanut butter chips, sea salt and caramel, go gluten-free and everything in-between. Use your imagination and stir in whatever you like!
These are kid approved, tired mama approved, neighbor approved (I pass these out to say thank you or welcome to the neighborhood), and grandma approved too- my mom loves them! I never seem to cut the brownies evenly so with the leftover row that I inevitably end up with, I cut into bite size brownie bites and keep hidden in the freezer for my own personal consumption!
Hope everyone is having a *sweet* Valentines and as always, thanks for reading! xo, KelleyPrint
The Perfect Fudgy Brownie Recipe!
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 oz good quality dark chocolate bar coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Generously butter or use cooking spray on a 9×9 square baking pan (or similar size) pan and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat, When completely melted, remove from stove and stir in granulated sugar and cocoa powder. Stir in the vanilla extract and eggs one at a time until eggs are completely incorporated and mixture is smooth. Stir in the flour and salt just until combined.
- Pour brownie batter into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle evenly with the chopped chocolate.
- Bake brownies in the preheated oven for 32-35 minutes or until done. (The brownies will fell firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted into the middle of the brownies will come out clean)
- Cool brownies on a cooling rack for at least 30 minutes (best if you can wait longer) before cutting and serving.
This recipe works perfectly at any altitude!