Salted Peanut Butter Rolo Cookies
Behold the awesomeness I present to you in form of a peanut butter cookie. Not for the faint hearted, these filled to the gill cookies will rock your socks.
In the best way possible.
Mini chocolate chips and salted peanuts? Check.
Glass of milk to wash these deliciously, amazingly, over the top, grow hair on your chest, deep dish cookies? Check.
Stomach ache from eating way too many cookies? Unfortunately, check.
Best peanut butter cookie I’ve EVER eaten? Check.
Other recipes you might enjoy:
Salted Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies, from Food 52
Peanut Butter Brownies, from Smitten Kitchen
Salted Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes, from My Madison Bistro
Reese’s Cup Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake, from Annie’s Eats
Rolo Pretzels with Pretzel M & M’s, from Two Peas and Their Pod
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup, packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped, roasted & salted peanuts
- 1- 8 oz bag mini Rolo candies
- 1 heaping tablespoon coarse sea salt (or more if desired)
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- In a small bowl, sift flour, baking soda and salt together, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla and peanut butter and beat until combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until flour is fully incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips and salted peanuts.
- Using a large tablespoon, scoop batter into un-greased 12-cup standard muffin top or whoopie pie pan. With the back of the spoon, press dough to fill the cup. Press 3-4 Rolos onto each cookie and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove pan from oven and place cookies on rack to fully cool.