Sheet Pan Sausage and Honey Balsamic Vegetables
Anyone else love a good sheet pan dinner? Healthy, easy to prepare, on the table in 20 minutes, and minimal clean up. What’s not to love?! This Sheet an Sausage and Honey Balsamic Vegetables has quickly become a family favorite.
October is here and I couldn’t be more excited about it. The fall colors are exploding right now in Utah. The mountains are blanketed in yellow and orange and the weather has officially changed. The forecast this week is a mix of rain and wait for it…..snow! Granted the snow will be minimal and only at higher elevations but still. October is my favorite month of the year and I’m going to do my best to soak in every minute of it!
You’ll be hard pressed to find someone who isn’t impressed with how gorgeous the mountains are right now but not all of my fellow Utah’s share my sentiment in regards to this weeks weather forecast. The promise of snow means that winter is right around the corner and this weather reinforces my love of leggings, cozy sweaters and all things pumpkin spice! BRING. IT. ON.
Along with the cooler weather comes a craving for more comforting foods. I want soups, roasted veggies, and hearty (but healthy) meals! This Sheet Pan Sausage and Honey Balsamic Vegetables is everything I’ve got a hankering for. I love a long standing love affair with kielbasa and seasonal veggies are tossed with a honey-balsamic vinegar marinade. Mostly savory, a little bit sweet, and total perfection. Less time in the kitchen means more time enjoying this awesome fall weather!
Have a great week and thanks for reading! xo, Kelley
photos by Kellie Hatcher/ recipe by Mountain Mama CooksPrint
A one-pan dinner made with kielbasa sausage and seasonal veggies tossed with honey and balsamic.
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt and pepper
- 6 cups, cut up veggies- any will work (broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, onions, potatoes, brussels sprouts, cherry tomatoes)
- 1 lb kielbasa or your favorite sausage, cut into 3 or 4-inch chunks
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Line a full size sheet pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, olive oil, and garlic powder. Season with healthy pinch of kosher salt and pepper.
- Combine cut up veggies in a large bowl. Pour the honey-balsamic mixture over and toss to combine. Spread the veggies evenly on the lined spread sheet. Nestle the sausage into the veggies.
- Bake in preheated oven 30-40 minutes until veggies are tender and sausage is browned and cooked through.
- Serve with a drizzle of reduced balsamic vinegar if desired.
Make sure to cut veggies into the same size so they cook evenly. If using cherry tomatoes, wait and add those to the sheet pan the last 15 minutes of cooking.