Top 10 Favorite Trader Joe’s Products
Trader Joe’s is coming to Utah.
What, you didn’t you hear me?
I said, Trader Joe’s is coming to Utah!
It’s true. The beloved store is finally making it’s way to the beehive state. Minus the two-buck chuck, of course. It is Utah, after all. I for one am not crying over the fact that our Trader Joe’s will be sans wine. Sure it would be awesome to have access to their awesome (and affordable) wine selection but I’d happily forgo the spirits in lieu of peanut butter. Sad but true.
To start spreading the stoke, I thought I’d share some of my favorite products from TJ’s. These are the things you’d find in my suitcase when I come home from a trip to a city that has a Trader Joe’s.
In no particular order, here are my top 10 favorite products from Trader Joe’s:
- Lemon Curd– I love this stuff. Perfectly tart with the right balance of sweetness. It’s the star in my Triple Berry Fruit Tart.
- Cruncy Peanut Butter with Flax Seed– I go through this stuff quick. I put a spoonful in my smoothies and I love to slather it on a piece of toast with sliced bananas for a quick breakfast.
- Salsa Verde– Tangy with just a hint of heat, I love to mix a tablespoon or two into a smashed avocado for a fast guacamole.
- Orange Muscat Vinegar– Sweet and full of citrus, it has become a staple in our house for dressing simple green salads.
- Garlic Flavored Olive Oil– This is my go to when I’m sautéing or roasting vegetables. It’s just so good and easy. I usually bring back 2-3 bottles at a time. Maybe my favorite product of all time.
- Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Soup-This is a lifesaver when you need a quick dinner. The perfect accompaniment to this grilled cheese.
- Individual Chicken Stock Packets– These are pure genius. I don’t use these for making soup or recipes that call for a quart of stock but sometimes you only need a little bit. These packets make 1 cup of chicken stock. Perfect for steaming kale or braising some chicken breasts.
- Well Rested Herbal Tea– My pick for nighttime tea. I drink a cup almost every night. It’s subtle and comforting and so good with a shot of bourbon when you need a little extra something to help you sleep.
- Midnight Moo Chocolate Syrup– Finally, a chocolate syrup without high fructose corn syrup. We use this for chocolate milk and topping vanilla ice cream. This is definitely my kids favorite product.
- Adzuki Bean Chips– Best tortilla chips ever. Seriously. I don’t know else to say. These are the bomb.
- Dried Wild Blueberries– Trader Joe’s is know for their dried fruit and nuts but these stand out from the rest. Good quality and you can’t beat the price. They make my oatmeal shine!
I hope the novelty of having a Trader Joe’s just down the street doesn’t wear thin. You know how you always want what you can’t have? Do I love these products so much because their hard to come by? I don’t think so. I hope that driving the 30 miles to Salt Lake to pick up the worlds best peanut butter will just as rewarding as smuggling it back in my suitcase.
See you in October. I’ll be the first one in line!