Veggie Hummus Tacos
Sautéed veggies, store bought hummus and a dollop of my new favorite Greek Yogurt Dip make up these humble vegetarian tacos. Ready in 15 minutes, these Veggie Hummus Tacos have become a staple in our house as they’re a cinch to pull together and I always have the ingredients on hand.
Would y’all like to discuss the fact that I’ve been MIA for almost a month?
Ok, me neither.
Let me just say that I’m humbled by all the comments and emails asking where I’ve been. I’m truly grateful for each and every one of you and a huge thanks for reading and being a part of the Mountain Mama Cooks community. I know many of you look forward to coming here each week for new recipes and I hate feeling like I’m letting you down. Please know that I’m still here and am slowly making my way back to the blogosphere.
So let’s catch up since it’s been awhile. The kids are finally out of school (hallelujah!!) and we’re easing into summer like old pros. The Mr. has been busy crashing cars and jumping off buildings per usual and I’ve been taking some much needed time to myself- detoxing from the online world- and loving the quietness. I’ve been reading like mad, binge watching Gilmore Girls, pushing myself to get back into a regular workout routine and it’s been SO nice to cook for myself and my family without the added pressure of blogging. Other than a few camping trips lined up this summer, we’re sticking close to home and have every intention of soaking up the beautiful mountain summer.
On a more personal note, my husband and I joined Weight Watchers last month. Somehow 10 lb snuck it’s way onto my body this winter, landing smack dab in my mid section and boobies. I woke up one day and was like whoa. How and when did this happen? But who am I kidding? I know exactly how it happened. I stopped working out regularly and I ate and drank too much. It was time to get back on the train. For us that means moving every single day. We’re both eating a diet that’s heavily centered around fruits and veggies, lean proteins and limited dairy and grains. We’re avoiding too many treats and have cut way back on our nightly wine/whisky consumption. It’s been pretty good. And surprisingly not that hard. Once we got into it, we both realize how much better we feel and it’s pretty rad to see the results so quickly. So yeah… this Mountain Mama + my crew are are leaning up just in time for summer.
I guess these tacos are my ode to everything going on in my life right now. It felt fitting to post a taco recipe because it’s been way too long since we did Taco Tuesday! And who doesn’t love a quick throw together dinner? And even better, these Veggie and Hummus tacos are healthy but filling and can be made with whatever veggies you have on hand!! You won’t even miss the cheese- or maybe you will, I kind of do- but either way, these are pretty awesome as is. PS- this Greek Yogurt Dip with Cucumber and Dill from Sabra is my newest favorite condiment. It’s awesome as a dip with veggies, mixed with canned tuna and it’s what makes these tacos. If you haven’t tried it, find it asap at your local store.
Enjoy the tacos and I look forward to being here a little more and sharing some of our healthier eats! As always, thanks for reading! xoxo, KelleyPrint
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 7 cups chopped veggies (I used sliced onion, chopped snow peas, diced zucchini, diced bell peppers, chopped broccoli and shredded carrots)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- your favorite hummus, store-bought or homemade
- diced tomatoes
- Sabra Greek Yogurt Cucumber Dill Dip or plain Greek yogurt
- Corn tortillas
- Heat olive oil in sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion and let sauté 2-3 minutes before adding rest of veggies. I like to add the ones that take longest to cook first and then add the ones that take less time towards the end.
- When veggies are just cooked through but still crisp tender add salt, garlic & onion powder, oregano and cumin. Stir to combine.
- To serve tacos, smear one heaping tablespoon of hummus onto each tortilla. Top with a scant 1/2 cup of sautéed veggies. Top with diced tomato, fresh cilantro and a dollop of Greek Yogurt.
These make great leftovers! A super easy vegetarian taco using hummus and whatever veggies you have on hand.