10 Minute Lemon Chicken Stir Fry
A quick dinner that is light, flavorful and healthful. 10 Minute Lemon Chicken Stir Fry with Sugar Snap Peas is the perfect weeknight meal!
After last week, I’ve never been so happy to see a Monday roll around. I’m ready for a new week, a less stressful schedule and hopefully what will amount to a good amount of snowfall over the next few days. Fingers crossed.
We were slow moving this morning here in the Epstein house, how about you? Between skiing yesterday morning followed by the Super Bowl and a later than usual night for us, we were all tired and a little cranky as we got ready to go to school. Hopefully a quiet night and a good night rest tonight will be enough to get us all back on track!
Speaking of the Super Bowl, what did you think? For someone who admittedly half-heartedly watches the game, I thought it was pretty good. And the half-time show! Katy Perry killed it (minus the weird stuffed animals) and I’m still make believe making out with Lenny Kravitz in my mind. But the show stopper had to be Missy Elliot in that kick-ass biker suit. All I can say is that girl has got some serious moves. And those hair extensions! I can’t even. Anyone with that much bling on her microphone and can move like she does in a one piece gets my respect. Just saying.
So what did you eat yesterday? Because as much as I love a good game and the half-time show, I really want to know about the food. Ours was awesome sauce. We went to a friends house and chowed down on so much great food. Elk chili with cornbread crumbled on top, homemade mac and cheese, smoked elk bites with bacon (OMG), bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers, cheese and crackers, onion dip + veggies, this salad and a 4-tier carrot cake with cream cheese frosting for dessert. Like I said, the food was amazing.
This is a super easy stir-fry that I’ve made twice now due to it’s ease in preparation and flavor combination. I almost always have chicken and lemons on hand and you could easily swap out the sugar snap peas with whatever vegetable you have on hand. Broccoli, carrots or peppers would all work lovely here. It’s a great meal idea when you don’t have a lot of time and need to get a hot meal on the table.
Have a great week and thanks for reading! xo, KelleyPrint
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 lb chicken cutlets, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 8 oz sugar snap peas
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 heaping teaspoon local honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- chopped green onions and lemon zest for garnish (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan or wok over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant and soft.
- Turn heat to medium-high and and chicken. Brown, stirring occasionally, until chicken is almost cooked through about 5 minutes. Add sugar snap peas, tamari, lemon juice and honey. Cook 2-3 minutes more until sugar snap peas are warmed through. Finish by stirring in black pepper.
- Serve chicken and snow peas over cooked rice and garnish with chopped scallions and additional lemon zest.