Chocolate Raspberry Brownie Muffins
Don’t be mislead about the name. These Chocolate Raspberry Brownie Muffins are much more a brownie than a muffin. They get their name because the rich, fudge like brownie batter is baked in a muffin tin. Studded with fresh raspberries, all these need are a glass of red wine to wash them down. Or a cold glass of milk. Pick you poison, either will do.
Chocolate is a girls best friend. At least it is for me a certain week each month. Sorry for the over sharing but just keeping it real here. It honestly sneaks up on me every four weeks and out of nowhere, I’m snapping at the kids, annoyed by my dog and husband and all I want is some dark chocolate and a quiet, dark room to indulge in some trashy TV. Ahem, Duggars and Real Housewives.
I got a hankering for something chocolate last week and not just any chocolate would do. I had a few chocolate chip cookies in the freezer and some of my favorite chocolate bar in the cupboard but neither were going to cut it. I wanted a rich, fudge-y, over the top warm chocolate brownie. And so just after dinner, I did what any ornery, pre-menstural woman would do: I made brownies. But because I’m a food blogger and always tinkering with recipes for the blog, I fiddled with a classic brownie recipe just a bit to come up with these Chocolate Raspberry Brownie Muffins.
The verdict? These are pre-menstural gold. I’m not sure why I’ve never made brownies in a muffin tin before. It’s pretty genius really. Especially if you love the edges of brownies like I do. You get 360 degrees of edge with an almost gooey, soufflé like center. And as much as I’m not all that proud to admit it, these were the highlight of my week. These brownies + red wine + a marathon of the Duggars on TLC is how I spent my Thursday night. It was absolutely glorious.
The brownie recipe is pretty basic and I’m sure you have everything you need on hand to whip these up on a whim. The raspberries are a great addition but most definitely optional. Throw a handful of peanut butter chips or a sprinkling of sea salt if you rather. Like I said above: wine, milk, coffee, tea. Trashy TV or a good book. It doesn’t really matter. Whatever you do, just give into the craving and own the PMS. It’s what all the cool
kids moms are doing.
Happy weekend, everybody!Print
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- pinch kosher salt
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners or grease muffin tin really well.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter and chocolate chips over medium-low heat. Stir until smooth and melted; remove from heat.
- Stir in sugar, vanilla and eggs, one at a time, and use a whisk to fully incorporate. Stir in flour and salt just to combine.
- Divide the batter into 9 muffins, filling each cup about 1/2 way full. Sprinkle with fresh raspberries. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes until edges are crispy and starting to pull from the sides of the tin and the center is just set.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before devouring. These freeze really well too!