Greek Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
Because we all could use a little help when it comes to eating well and meal planning, I’m hoping these Greek Chicken Meal Prep Bowls will get you inspired!
My entire crew are huge fans of my Greek Chicken and Tzatziki Sauce. It’s one of few dinners I can put on the table and no one complains. I usually keep things simple and serve the chicken and tzatziki with a simple tomato/cucumber salad and pita bread for slopping all the juices up! I always, always make a little extra so we have leftovers for quick lunches.
Are making school lunches your nemesis like they are mine? I kind of hate them. I think I make the job harder on myself as I feel like I need to make my boys something homemade everyday- I’m big on packing a well rounded lunch- but sometimes (ok, most of the time) it’s overwhelming and I try to do too much. I have an inability to make things easy on myself. I micromanage and I won’t let the boys pack their own lunches because they’d just back a ton of crap.
I put out on Facebook a few weeks ago asking for tips on making school lunches easier. I got so many great responses. The biggest take away for me is that instead of micromanaging, I need to simply oversee the lunch making. Make sure the kids pick one fruit, one veggie, one protein, and one treat and that we spend just a little time each week cutting up fresh veggies and prepping easy grab-and-go lunch items so the mornings are more smooth.
So far so good this week. Boys and I made a pasta salad and pumpkin muffins over the weekend. I bought some mini carrots, peppers, grapes and apples as sides. We have stuff to make caesar salad wraps and I bough yogurt and granola. All simple, everything I feel good about sending, and enough variety that the boys don’t get bored. I also made myself a few lunches. I had leftover chicken and tzatziki so I made a bit of quinoa and prepped these bowls. I kind of feel like I’m winning this week.
I hope these inspire you too! Thanks for reading. xoxo, Kelley
photos by Kellie Hatcher/ recipe by Mountain Mama CooksPrint
My favorite kind of meal prep- Greek Chicken bowls!
- 2 cups cook quinoa
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/8 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Tzatziki Sauce
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 12 oz Greek Chicken (or rotisserie chicken)
- Divide the quinoa between 4 containers.
- Mix the tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, lemon juice, olive oil, dried oregano, and salt together in a small bowl. Divide the mixture between the 4 containers.
- To each container, add 2 tablespoons of Tzatziki sauce and crumbled Feta. Divide the chicken equally into the containers.
- Add a lemon wedge if you’d like. Cover and store in the fridge. The Greek Bowls will last up to a week in the fridge.