Huevos Ranchero Breakfast Tacos
Breakfast for dinner? Or dinner for Breakfast? Either way, these Huevos Ranchero Breakfast Tacos are the bomb!
Anytime I can get dinner on the table in under 30 minutes I feel like a rockstar. Even better when it’s minimal clean up and everyone in the family eats without complaining. I know, I know. It doesn’t happen very often so when it does happen, it’s important to share!
Anyone with elementary kids or older gets me when I talk about feeling like a chauffeur between the hours of 3-7 pm. I run all over town picking kids up from school, dropping them at various after school activities, only to turn around and pick them up from said activities. We often walk in the door just before 7 and if I don’t have my shit together then we’re either not eating until after 8 or it’s cereal and toast. It’s all about having dinner prepped or a meal that I can pull together quickly.
These Huevos Ranchero Breakfast Tacos have everything going for them on a busy weeknight when everyone is tired and hungry: 1- they’re tacos. Duh. 2- my kids love any kind of breakfast masquerading as dinner. 3- they’re deliciously easy. For reals, you guys. Tacos? Check. Breakfast for dinner? Check. A 20 minute dinner that everyone devours? Check and check. What’s not to love?
The recipe for these Huevos Ranchero Breakfast Tacos comes from The Taco Tuesday Cookbook written by my friend and fellow blogger, Laura Fuentes. The book is filled with 52 tacos- a new recipe for every week of the year! None of the tacos are complicated- something a busy mom can really appreciate! The cookbook is full of simple and trustworthy recipes, beautiful photos, and all the taco inspiration you could ask for!
Hope you’re week is delicious and as always, thanks for reading! xoxo, KelleyPrint
A 30-minute recipe where a traditional Mexican breakfast gets made into a simple taco!
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Place an oven rack in the middle position and preheat the broiler to low.
- Spread out the tortillas on a baking sheet and coat with cooking spray. Broil for 2 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and flip the tortillas over so the toasted side is face down.
- Divide the black beans among the tortillas and sprinkle with a bit of cheese. Return the baking sheet to the oven and broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and place it next to the stovetop.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Crack two eggs into the skillet and cook until the sites are just cooked through, then flip. Transfer each egg to one of the tortillas, on top of the black beans and cheese. Repeat with the remaining eggs. Sprinkle each with a bit of kosher salt and pepper.
- Top the tacos with 1 tablespoon of pico de gallo (or your favorite salsa), a dollop of sour cream, avocado slices, and cilantro. Serve with a lime wedge.