Mulled Cranberry Juice Cocktail
And just like that we say goodbye to another year. As much as I find the holidays to be stressful and overwhelming, I always look forward to New Years. I like fresh starts and the idea of new beginnings.
Be kinder than necessary.
Give more than you take.
Do something everyday that your future self will thank you for.
Let your light shine.
Share your wisdom.
Whatever you are, be a good one. -Abraham Lincoln.
My resolution for the new year is simple: be better, do better.
I truly wish every single one of you a healthy and happy New Year. Thank you for reading, commenting, supporting, and sharing what is Mountain Mama Cooks. Be safe and have fun as you ring in the new year. Here’s to an awesome 2013!Print
Mulled cranberry juice is served cold with vanilla infused vodka for the perfect winter cocktail.
- 1- 32 oz bottle cranberry cocktail juice (Ocean Spray or similar)
- 2 oz prepared mulling spice
- vanilla infused vodka
- 1 orange, sliced for garnish
- In a large stock pot, heat cranberry juice and mulling spice over medium heat until juice comes to a low boil. Turn heat to low and let juice and mulling spice simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and drain cranberry juice, discarding mulling spices. Chill cranberry. *Can be made up to 3 days ahead.
- When ready to serve, add a healthy handful of ice to a small cocktail glass. Add 1.5 oz vanilla vodka to each glass and top with mulled cranberry juice. Top each glass with a sliced orange. Serve immediately.
Recipe makes approximately 6-8 cocktails.
The mulled cranberry juice is delicious on it’s own without the vodka if you want to serve a non-alcoholic drink.