Peanut Butter and Honey Protein Balls
Energy balls are a staple at Casa de Mountain Mama. They make the easiest snack when you need some quick energy boost and these Peanut Butter and Honey Protein Balls are my latest fave.
You can almost always find some sort of protein ball, energy bite, homemade granola bar or other concoction sitting in my fridge or freezer. We’re a crazy active bunch and having something we can grab and go on our way in or out the door is invaluable.
I often have these balls tucked into my tennis bag or I’ll grab one on my way out the door before an early morning workout. One is just enough to keep me from having a growling stomach when I’m getting my sweat on!
They store great in the fridge for a week or so but throw them in the freezer if you’re not going to get to all of them before then. I used a vanilla flavored plant based protein powder but go ahead and use your favorite brand/flavor. If you don’t have chocolate chips, you can omit them (but that would be silly, duh) or chop up your favorite dark chocolate bar.
Make the balls about golf ball size. One ball makes a great snack to curb your hunger and fuel you through until your next meal. Go with two if you’re doing a longer hike or workout. My kids like them in their camp lunch and I’ve been known to sneak one just before bed….. 🙂
Have a great day and thanks for reading! xo, Kelley
photos by Kelli Hatcher/ recipe by Mountain Mama CooksPrint
Peanut Butter Energy Bites
A no bake energy bite recipe made with peanut butter, honey and chocolate chips!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons your favorite protein powder
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons hemp seeds
- 1/4 mini chocolate chips
- pinch sea salt
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. The best way to do this is with your hands! If that isn’t your thing, you can use a hand or stand mixer to mix all the ingredients.
- Roll into balls of whatever size you would like. I shoot for a heaping tablespoon for each ball- think golf ball size. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- Makes about 20-25 balls.
These look amazing!!