Peppercorn Ranch Oven Fries
The perfect side dish: Peppercorn Ranch Oven Fries! Russet potato wedges tossed in garlic flavored olive oil and peppercorn ranch seasoning. These are my kryptonite!
And just like that it’s mid July. How is summer half way over? We’ve made the most of the six weeks since school got out. We really have had such a great time. It’s been a solid mix of cramming our days with fun, outdoor activities and sleeping in, recovering on the couch just to do it all over again. I really do love the summer pace!
I’ve surprised myself with how much I’ve been cooking the last month. Usually during the summer I boycott my kitchen like the plague. It just gets too hot. But we’ve had an usually cool June and so it hasn’t been too bad. I’ve been cooking a few times a week- making sure we have plenty of leftovers- so there is always something in the fridge for a quick lunch and to fuel our summer adventuring!
One of my boys favorite dinner sides is oven fries. It doesn’t matter how I season them or what I serve them with, crispy potato wedges will always be well received when I put them on the table! My oldest and husband like theirs with ALL the ketchup, my youngest with just a small dip of fry sauce, and like to dip my in a homemade connection of mayonnaise and bbq sauce. Seriously, soooooo good!
When I’m making oven fries, I like to find russet potatoes that are even in size. It makes it easier to cut them uniform and the same size means they cook evenly. You could easily peel them if you’d rather but I like them with the peel on- in fact, the skin is my favorite part. I use this Peppercorn Ranch blend from Simply Organic. You could use whatever your favorite steak or multi-seasoning blend is or any other ranch like seasoning blend. As far as the olive oil, I make these often with unflavored olive oil but the garlic infused olive oil makes them soooooo good. I don’t like to use fresh garlic because it burns easily and turns bitter.
My tip for getting oven fries crispy is preheating the sheet pan for 10 minutes or so before you put the potato wedges on the pan. I toss the potatoes with the olive oil and seasoning in a bowl and then place the fries on the hot pan. Make sure the oven is fully preheated. I’m confident these Peppercorn Ranch Oven Fries will quickly become a favorite in your house too!
Have a wonderful week and happy summer’ing! xo, Kelley
photos by Kellie Hatcher/ recipe by Mountain Mama CooksPrint
Oven baked potato wedge fries loaded with garlic olive oil and peppercorn ranch.
- 3 large russet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons garlic flavored olive oil
- 1 heaping tablespoon peppercorn ranch seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Place a large rimmed baking sheet in the oven for 10 minutes just before you’re ready to bake the fries.
- Cut potatoes, leaving skin on if desired, into half length wise and then into thirds or quarters depending on size of potatoes until you have uniform wedges.
- Put potatoes wedges in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil, ranch seasoning, and kosher salt. Toss to evenly coat the fries.
- Lay wedges on baking sheet and cook in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until fries are golden and cooked through. Serve with favorite dipping sauce.