Sun Dried Tomato Dip
My new-to-me favorite summer nosh. This Sun Dried Tomato Dip (or spread….) has been a staple in our house the past month. It’s awesome at the center of a veggie platter, it’s redonk on crackers, and trust me, it makes for a killer base on a turkey sandwich!
I can’t take full credit for this dip. In fact, I can hardly take any credit at all for this dip. The recipe hails from one of my kitchen idols, Ina Garten. Said in my best Ina voice, this dip is faaaabbbbbulousssss. I’ve made it a bunch over the years- taking a break for a bit simply because I forgot about it- but now it’s back and happily on repeat.
Like just about any recipe I come across, I made a few tweaks here and there to suit my preferences. The recipe is still very much Ina’s but with a little Mountain Mama twist! Because it’s primarily cream cheese based, it makes for a killer spread on a veggie or turkey sandwich. Just last week I slathered it on seedy whole wheat bread and added deli turkey, sliced cucumbers, fresh tomatoes, sprouts, and the tiniest squirt of mustard. It was kind of off the charts!
As delicious as this Sun Dried Tomato Dip is slathered on a sandwich it really is best at the center of a crudite platter where it can be the main attraction. The local vegetables are so abundant right now that it’s a no brainer to pair this dip on a platter with fresh cut veggies. Add some crackers and call it good. No, that’s a lie. Call it GREAT!
As always, thanks for reading and have a great weekend! xo, Kelley
photos by Kellie Hatcher/ recipe by Mountain Mama CooksPrint
A cream cheese based dip with sun dried tomatoes and scallions!
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- 8–10 dashes hot sauce (I like the green Tabasco sauce)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise to the base of a food processor and blend to incorporate. Add the sun dried tomatoes, scallions, hot sauce, kosher salt, and pepper. Pulse to combine.
- Serve with crackers and/or fresh cut veggies. Store leftover dip in a covered container in the fridge.