The Easiest Chicken Enchiladas
This truly is a recipe for the Easiest Chicken Enchiladas ever. Hard to argue with that!
What makes these the easiest enchiladas ever? For starters, the recipe relies on a cooked rotisserie chicken- though you could use whatever leftover chicken you have. And, I use flour tortillas instead of the traditional corn. If you’ve ever made enchiladas from scratch then you know how tedious folding corn tortillas can be.
I used a pre-shredded colby-jack cheese blend and a jar of homemade enchilada sauce in the fridge so these really did come together in mere minutes! I served them with a dollop of sour cream, a scoop of guacamole and slices of fresh lime. Paired with a simple salad, this is the perfect midweek dinner!
We eat some variation of Mexican food at our house at least once a week. Tacos, tostadas, burritos or enchiladas…..I almost always have the ingredients on hand to throw some makeshift version together. Some more authentic than others, it doesn’t matter. It’s one of the few things I can serve that no one will complain about!
This recipe is super versatile- you could use leftover ground beef, chop up a pork roast, or use leftover roasted veggies. My favorite brand of whole wheat tortillas are the ones from Mission but use your favorite! I love the homemade enchilada sauce but if you’re not into making your own, my favorite store bought version is the bottle enchilada sauce from Trader Joes.
Have a great week and thanks for reading! xo, KelleyPrint
An easy enchilada recipe that is on the table in 30 minutes!
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded jack cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 6 whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1 1/4 cups homemade enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Mix the shredded rotisserie chicken with kosher salt, onion powder, and oregano.
- Pour 1/4 cup of enchilada sauce into the bottom of a 9-inch square dish and spread it into a thin layer.
- Layer each tortilla with 1 tablespoon or two of enchilada sauce, a handful of the shredded chicken, and a tablespoon or two of the shredded cheese and a pinch of cilantro. Roll up tightly and place into baking dish. Repeat with the remaining 5 tortillas.
- Pour the remaining sauce evenly over the tortillas and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes just until the enchiladas are hot throughout. Serve immediately.