Baked Goat Cheese Pesto Dip
Toufayan’s Gluten Free Scoop-able Pita Chips are the perfect vehicle to get this Baked Goat Cheese Pesto Dip from the pan to your mouth!
This is my second year being a brand ambassador for Toufayan Bakeries and I couldn’t be more sincere when I tell you that my family and I love their products. We use the wraps for making quesadillas and chicken wraps for quick on-the-go lunches, the pitas are great for stuffing with chicken salad or hummus and veggies and their bagel thins are staples for breakfast sandwiches around here. Like I said, we love their products. And I’m thrilled to be bringing you a series of recipes again for 2015! First up, this Baked Goat Cheese Pesto Dip.
I’m a huge savory snack girl. Give me a bowl of something salty and crunchy and in no time flat I will demolish it. Popcorn, pretzels, crackers, chips…..I’m not picky… I love ’em all. And bonus points when there is an equally savory dip to go with. Trust me when I tell you that my current obsession is legit: Scoop-able Pita Chips. Meaning these perfectly thin pita chips come with nifty little ridges which allows me to pile more dip on on my chip. It’s pretty genius really. You can be sure that chips and dip will be my contribution to all potlucks this summer. And don’t act surprised if I tell you that I’m on the couch binge watching the boob tube and stuffing my face with the aforementioned bowl of pita chips + dip as I type this blog post. I’m classy that way.
So here’s the thing, I’ve been hoarding my last two containers of pesto that I put up last fall. I was so quick to use them in December and January when the weather was cold and my body was craving food that was bright and summer-like that just like that I went through 6 tubs. I found myself needed an appetizer to take to a get together over the weekend and I didn’t feel like running to the store. After a quick survey of the kitchen, I found canned artichokes in the pantry, goat cheese and smidge of cream cheese in the fridge and this pesto hidden in the freezer. In 15 minutes and zero effort, this appetizer was in the oven and ready to go next door.
Good thing there were leftovers because I was the girl that didn’t offer to leave the rest of the dip with the hostess. I brought it home, grabbed a bowl of pita chips and like I said, am chowing down as I type. Soooo worth it.Print
- 8 oz soft goat cheese (like chèvre)
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 14 oz can artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 3 scallions chopped
- 1/4 cup your favorite pesto, store bought or homemade
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Toufayan Scoop-able Pita Chips, regular or gluten free
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Place goat cheese and cream cheese in the base of a food processor fitted with the blade. Pulse cheeses until smooth. (This works better if cheese is at room temperature but if you’re in a hurry, slightly cold will work just fine too!) Add artichoke hearts and scallions and pulse to chop artichoke hearts. Stir in pesto and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer dip to an oven proof pan and heat, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes until bubbling at edges and dip is hot all the way through. Top with additional basil leaves if desired and serve with chips.
This post is a part of an ongoing partnership with Toufayan Bakeries. As always, thank you for reading and for supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. All opinions are always my own.