Garlic Citrus Grilled Chicken
If we had an official dish during quarantine, it would be Garlic Citrus Grilled Chicken. I’ve easily made it a dozen times since April. My kids will happily eat it without complaining, it makes for great leftovers, and the moist, flavorful chicken is downright delicious!
GARLIC CITRUS GRILLED CHICKEN
Years ago, my Mom and I attended an afternoon cooking demonstration put on by a local chef. He was very eccentric and he was very French in the very best way possible! An extremely entertaining afternoon to say the least! One of the dishes he made was a simply marinated citrus chicken. Heavily salted, lots of lemon, lime and orange, and tons of minced garlic. Needless to say it was super easy and super delicious!
Who knew that just a handful of ingredients and 30 minutes could yield such a flavorful chicken marinade? The garlic-citrus marinade takes minutes to prep therefore has become one of my go-to summer dinner ideas! Did I mention that it’s super easy, too? 🙂
TIPS FOR PERFECTLY GRILLED CHICKEN
My husband is the grill master around here and he has a few tips to ensure juicy, flavorful, perfectly grilled chicken every single time. First, make sure the grill is clean! Second, make sure the grill is HOT! Third, don’t turn the chicken too early or it will stick to the grates. Lastly, let the chicken breast rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing. This way the breasts stay juicy!
SERVING CITRUS GARLIC CHICKEN
Like I said above, this Citrus Garlic Grilled Chicken has quickly become a favorite of ours and a summer go-to. We often serve it with steamed rice or potatoes and grilled veggies. Equally delicious sliced and served as tacos as it is over a huge Caesar or Greek salad.
LEFTOVER CHICKEN IDEAS
We rarely just make enough chicken for dinner. Making extra and having leftover chicken never goes unused. It makes for a great snack! Perfect in sandwiches, salads, diced in a quesadilla. You name it, we’ve done it! The leftover chicken can be used in so many ways!
OTHER SUMMER RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
Here are some other summer recipes that my family loves and will go beautifully with grilled chicken!
Have a great week and happy cooking! xo, KelleyPrint
A quick and easy chicken marinade that’s heavy on the citrus and garlic!
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2–3 large cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- splash of olive oil
- Put chicken breasts in a large ziplock bag.
- Add citrus juice and zest, garlic, salt and olive oil.
- Seal bag, and squish (that’s an official term) to coat al the chicken. You can do this a few hours before grilling by no less than 30 minutes before.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Place chicken directly on the grill. Cook 5-6 minutes per side, turning once. You will need to adjust time depending on how thick the chicken breasts are. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes before slicing and serving!