Simple Corn Sauté
I can’t think of an easier (or tastier) summer side dish! For someone who isn’t a big fan of corn on the cob, I do love this Simple Corn Sauté. Fresh corn kernels, jalapeño, ginger, lime, and cilantro creates a creative flavorful summer side dish that takes only minutes to prepare!
SIMPLE CORN SAUTE
Truth be told I don’t really like corn on the cob. I know, I know. It’s not a very popular opinion. I’ve just never been a fan of corn on the cob. I’ll eat it but it’s certainly not my favorite. Fresh corn kernels, however, I’m smitten with. Perhaps because they’re so much easier to eat and I love being able to add bright (and spicy) flavors that balance the sweet, crunchy corn.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE EASIEST CORN SAUTE
The inspiration for this recipe comes from an old Fine Cooking magazine. The corn kernels are sautéed in a drizzle of olive oil with garlic, ginger, green onions and finished with fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime. The flavor combination is magical. In under 20 minutes you are rewarded with the best tase of summer!
IDEAS TO SERVE SIMPLE CORN SAUTE
There are so many ways to serve this simple corn sauté. Equally delicious over grilled chicken, pork tenderloin or a piece of salmon and also delicious tossed with hot pasta, a pat of butter, and a healthy handful of parmesan cheese. My husband used the leftovers and folded them into soft scrambled eggs. The sautéed corn goes with all the things. 🙂
OTHER SUMMER VEGETABLE RECIPES
Here are a few easy summer recipes that you might love!
Let me know if you try any of the recipes!
Have a great week and thanks for reading! xo, Kelley
Recipe by Mountain Mama Cooks/photos by Deborah DeKoffPrint
A quick summer sauté of corn, ginger, garlic, cilantro and lime.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions (white and light green part only)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2– 1 small jalapeño, seeded and finely minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly minced cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- juice from 1/2 lime
- Add olive oil to a large sauté pan. Add the scallions and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes just until soft.
- Add the butter, corn, ginger, garlic and jalapeño. Cook 3-4 minutes until corn is warmed through and everything is just toasty golden in color.
- Add cilantro and salt. Stir and finish with a squeeze of lime juice. Serve immediately.